Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
RADIO VICTORY 76BRYaNSK
Radio Sports Federation of the Bryansk Region
A special call sign is dedicated to the city of Military Glory Bryansk.
Presidential Decree No. 339
"On the assignment of the honorary title to Bryansk
of the Russian Federation "City of Military Glory"
For courage, stamina and mass heroism shown by the defenders of the city in the struggle for freedom and independence of the Fatherland, assign the honorary title of the Russian Federation to Bryansk
"City of military glory."
President of the Russian Federation D. Medvedev
March 25, 2010
Bryansk is a city in Russia, the administrative center of the Bryansk region, 379 km south-west of Moscow. It is located in the western part of the Central Russian Upland, on the Desna River, at the confluence of the Bolva River. A large junction of railway lines (to Smolensk, Vyazma, Moscow, Orel, Kharkov, Kiev). International airport. It was first mentioned in the Ipatiev Chronicle in 1147.
The period of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 was difficult for the city. On June 26, 1941, Bryansk survived the first raid of Nazi aviation, and from October 6, 1941 to September 17, 1943 it was occupied by German troops. The city operated underground, in the vicinity - partisans. The Bryansk city partisan detachment was created. In total, about 60 thousand partisans operated in the Bryansk forests. The Nazi invaders established a brutal occupation regime in the city, systematically destroyed the city, shot residents, executed underground workers and partisans.
In 1945, Bryansk was included in the number of 15 largest Russian cities, which, by decree of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR, were subject to primary restoration.