Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
Kirovites - to the front!|
"Everything for the front, everything for victory" - this was the slogan of those who forged our Victory during the Great Patriotic War, being far in the rear, thousands of miles from the front line.
The city of Kirov was a rear city. Here, factories and factories have become a battlefield. From the first months of the war, the city's industry began to produce military products. Enterprises in the leather and footwear and fur industries provided the army with footwear, short fur coats, hats, and mittens. Woodworking enterprises produced skis, snowmobiles and carts for the Red Army.
During the war, more than twenty large enterprises were evacuated to our region from the western cities of the country. For them, in the shortest possible time, factory buildings were erected or re-equipped, where machines and machines were mounted. Together with the equipment of the enterprises, skilled workers, engineers and technicians came to us. Already in 1941, the Leningrad plant "Krasny Instrumentalshchik", the first enterprise in the USSR that mastered the production of universal control and measuring instruments, began to manufacture products in Kirov.
In February 1942, the Kirovskaya cord factory was put into operation, created on the basis of several workshops of the Yaroslavl textile factory. Its products, cord, are a necessary material for the production of tires. On November 6, 1943, the Kirov Tire Plant was commissioned, the equipment for which also arrived from Yaroslavl. The appearance of the May 1 Kirov Machine-Building Plant has changed beyond recognition. The collective of this enterprise, together with the workers of the Kolomna plant, evacuated from near Moscow, began to produce tanks, self-propelled guns and other military equipment. Here the Kirov armored train was built at the expense of the residents of Kirov.
The immortal feat of home front workers during the Great Patriotic War was immortalized in the monument "Kirovites to the Front", opened on April 29, 1967. This monument is a high pedestal on which the T-34 tank froze - a thunderstorm for the German fascist invaders. On tanks built by Kirov machine builders, Soviet soldiers beat the fascist invaders.
The feat of the Vyatka working class is magnificent. During the war, he gave the army 4176 tanks and self-propelled guns, 2 thousand Katyushas, 3 million shells, 5 million mines and aerial bombs, 33 million grenades, 200 ships, 2 thousand aerosleds, 2 million mortars, 5 million machine guns , aviation and other equipment.
The townspeople helped the front in every way they could. They contributed 18.8 million rubles to the Defense Fund alone, and 50.9 million rubles to the Red Army fund. They collected warm clothes for the front-line soldiers, sent gifts, took care of the wounded and the families of the servicemen. Everyone, young and old, forged this Great Victory, each one was given it with very hard work. Heroism, courage, diligence and patience of the home front workers overcame, overcame, surpassed the enemy.
After the end of the war, by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, over 250 thousand residents of Kirov were awarded the medal "For Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945."
On May 9, 2012 the city of Kirov was awarded the title "City of Labor Glory".