Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
On the air RP76 Pavel Boris|
RADIO POBEDA SEVENTY SIX VOLGA REGION BULGARIANS
The work of the memorial station is dedicated
to our fellow countrymen-Heroes of the Soviet Union
From the Kuibyshev district of the Republic of Tatarstan (now Spassky), 13,522 people went to the front, 3,140 people went missing, and 4,138 people were killed .
Among our fellow countrymen are 6 heroes of the Soviet Union , one of them :
1) Berkutov Alexander Maksimovich Lieutenant Colonel, Hero of the Soviet Union. A pupil of the Kuralovsky orphanage. He participated in the battles on the Khalkhin-Gol River , the Soviet-Finnish and Great Patriotic Wars. Pilot of the 84th Fighter Aviation Regiment, navigator of the 101st Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, commander of the 57th Guards Red Banner Fighter Aviation Regiment. For fighting in the Kuban, he was awarded the second Order of the Red Banner. The bust of the hero of the Soviet Union Berkutov Alexander Maksimovich is installed on the Alley of Heroes in Bolgar.
2) Guryanov Pavel Yakovlevich sergeant, Hero of the Soviet Union. Participant of the Great Patriotic War . In 1939, he was drafted into the Red Army. He served in the Far East. On the fronts of the Great Patriotic War since May 1942 . He took part in the Battle of Kursk. He showed heroism during the crossing of the Dnieper River near the village of Komarin on September 23-24, 1943, for which he was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
3) Likhachev Pyotr Timofeevich Hero of the Soviet Union (posthumously), senior sergeant. On the fronts of the Great Patriotic War since June 1941. He showed heroism in the battle of Moscow near the village of Klyachino. On the outskirts of the city of Gzhatsk, 16 fighters led by Likhachev broke into the center of the enemy's positions, captured two bunkers with machine guns and took up a circular defense. In an unequal battle, part of the Nazis broke through close to the bunkers. Then Likhachev raised the survivors and led them to a breakthrough in hand-to-hand combat, in which he died along with the fighters . His memory is immortalized by a bust installed on the Alley of Heroes in the city of Bolgar , one of the streets of the city bears his name.
4) Mashanin Grigory Mikhailovich Guard Major, Hero of the Soviet Union. In the Red Army since 1940. On the fronts of the Great Patriotic War from November 1943. On June 30, 1944, he participated in the destruction of the enemy airfield in Polotsk . In September 1944, he participated in the liberation of Riga, was wounded. He was awarded the Orders of Lenin, the Red Banner (three times), the Patriotic War of the 1st and 2nd degree, the Red Star, and medals. The title of Hero of the Soviet Union was awarded for the liberation of Belarus, the Baltic States, and the assault on Konigsberg.
5) Spirkov Stepan Petrovich soldier, Hero of the Soviet Union. As part of the troops of the North-Western Front, he showed heroism in the area of the city of Viipuri (now Vyborg). In the battle for the village of Vilayoki, he was seriously wounded. He received the title of Hero of the Soviet Union for the exemplary performance of combat missions of the command at the front of the struggle against the Finnish White Guard and the courage and heroism shown in this case.
6) Filippov Gordey Ivanovich participant of the Great Patriotic War, Hero of the Soviet Union. In October 1942, he was called up to the front. He fought at Stalingrad, participated in the battles for the liberation of the cities of Rostov-on-Don, Taganrog, Stalino (now Donetsk), Dnepropetrovsk. In one of the battles, he burned 1 tank and 2 self-propelled guns of the enemy, destroyed about 100 Germans. As a result, he held the line and did not allow the enemy to capture a strategically important road, for which he received the title Hero of the Soviet Union. He was wounded twice.He was awarded two Orders of Lenin, the Order of the Red Star, the Gold Star Medal, and the Military Merit Medal.
Eternal memory to the soldiers-liberators, please observe a minute of silence !