Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
“Everything for the front, everything for victory” - that was the slogan of those who forged our Victory during the Great Patriotic War, being far behind the lines, thousands of miles from the front line.
The city of Kirov was a rear city. Plants and factories have become the battlefield here. From the first months of the war, the industry of the city began to produce military products. The enterprises of the leather and footwear and fur industries gave the army shoes, short fur coats, hats, and mittens. Woodworking enterprises produced skis, snowmobiles and wagons for the Red Army.
During the war, more than twenty large enterprises were evacuated to our region from the western cities of the country. For them, in the shortest possible time, factory buildings were erected or converted, where machines and machines were mounted. Together with the equipment of enterprises, qualified workers, engineers and technicians arrived to us. As early as 1941, the Krasny Instrumentalshchik Leningrad plant began to produce products in Kirov - the first enterprise in the USSR that mastered the production of universal instrumentation.
In February 1942, the Kirov cord factory was put into operation, created on the basis of several workshops of the Yaroslavl textile factory. Its products, cord, are a necessary material for the production of tires. On November 6, 1943, the Kirov Tire Plant came into operation, the equipment for which also arrived from Yaroslavl. The appearance of the May 1 Kirov Machine-Building Plant has changed beyond recognition. The staff of this enterprise, together with the workers of the Kolomna plant, evacuated from near Moscow, began to produce tanks, self-propelled guns and other military equipment. Here, the Kirov armored train was built at the expense of the Kirovites.
The immortal feat of home front workers during the Great Patriotic War is immortalized in the monument "Kirovites to the Front", opened on April 29, 1967. This monument is a high pedestal on which the T-34 tank froze - a thunderstorm for the Nazi invaders. On tanks built by Kirov machine builders, Soviet soldiers beat the fascist invaders.
The feat of the Vyatka working class is majestic. During the war, he gave the army 4176 tanks and self-propelled guns, 2 thousand Katyushas, 3 million shells, 5 million mines and bombs, 33 million grenades, 200 ships, 2 thousand snowmobiles, 2 million mortars, 5 million machine guns , aviation and other equipment.
The townspeople helped the front with everything they could. They contributed 18.8 million rubles to the Defense Fund alone, and 50.9 million rubles to the Red Army fund. They collected warm clothes for front-line soldiers, sent gifts, took care of the wounded and the families of servicemen. Everyone, young and old, forged this Great Victory, it was given to everyone by very hard work. The heroism, courage, diligence and patience of the home front workers overcame, overcame, surpassed the enemy.
After the end of the war, by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, over 250 thousand Kirov residents were awarded the medal "For Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945."
By Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 20, 2021 No. 304, the city of Kirov was awarded the honorary title of the Russian Federation "City of Labor Valor".