Memorial Victory 77 // List of stations // RP77KKS

Ivanova Elena Dmitrievna. Zhitel blokadnogo Leningrada, uchastnik oboronnyh rabot, truzhenik tyla - svyazist.

gorod Sankt-Peterburg


Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.

Ivanova Elena Dmitrievna, was born on July 6, 1922 in the village of Kadniki, Nekouzsky district, Yaroslavl region.

From the memories: June 22, Sunday, my friend Lyalya and I went shopping. We walk along Moskovsky Prospekt - there are people standing at each loudspeaker. We approached, asking what happened, what they were talking about, and in response people answered that they had also just come up, so they didn’t know anything. And we did not know about the beginning of the war until 6 pm.

... We worked like this. At 7 o'clock in the morning the train took us to work: we were digging trenches-slits. There were also anti-tank ditches. We dug trenches, defended the city... At lunch we were fed. First us, then the soldiers. We got what was thinner, and the soldiers - thicker. And thanks to these defense works, I survived. ... The ration was decreasing and decreasing, and it got to the point that in November they began to give out only 125 grams of bread.

On December 1, the younger brother Vitya died ....

On December 13, my mother died, and on December 22, Volodya. Dad died on January 13th.

On April 1, I went to the bakery, bought bread for 2 days, so that I would not go to the store every day. She put the card in her pocket, wrapped the bread and went home. I came home, but the cards are not there! Stole. April 5th I left. She took a shoulder bag in which she put her shoes. I couldn't take anything else. My legs were swollen, so I put on galoshes and walked to Finland Station. We traveled to Ladoga in a suburban train, and crossed Lake Ladoga by car. Soldiers put us in the car, we didn't even have the strength to get in.

In 1945, after the war, I somehow came to the telegraph post office. I look: there the girls work on Morse code, and I knew the Morse Code. While still at school, I went to the OSOAVIAKHIM circle, where they taught us, however, we transmitted the letters with flags: “Dot-dash”, “dash-dot”, and there on the apparatus. I liked this job so much that I asked my boss to take me to work. And they took me on as a student. I studied for three months, and then they put me on the staff.