Photos and historical info.
Attention! All info provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
Nevsky Pyatachok (Russian: Не́вский пятачо́к) is the name of the Neva Bridgehead 50 km east south-east of Leningrad and 15 km south of Shlisselburg. It was the site of one of the most critical and costly campaigns during the Siege of Leningrad from September 1941 until May 1943 to reopen land communications with the city during the German siege.
The Russian word pyatachok means a five-kopeck coin, or (by way of a metaphor) a very small area.