Memorial Victory 78 // List of the stations // RP78BK

vyspdke desanta na Bugazskoy kose

Krasnodarskiy kray

QSL via R7CF

Photos and historical info.
Attention! Information below is provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.

After the liberation of Novorossiysk, the troops of the North Caucasian Front (55th Guards Rifle Division of Major General B. N. Arshintsev of the 18th Army) developed an offensive on the Taman Peninsula along the Black Sea coast. In the coastal direction west of Anapa, along the seashore, there was a narrow isthmus, bounded by the Bugaz Estuary from the land, very convenient for organizing defense. In order not to give the enemy the opportunity to stop the offensive in this sector, the commander of the North Caucasian Front, Colonel General I. E. Petrov, ordered the Black Sea Fleet (commander Vice Admiral L. A. Vladimirsky) to land a tactical assault in the area of ​​​​the village of Blagoveshchenskaya, creating a threat to the rear of the enemy's Taman group.

On September 24, the landing party left Gelendzhik Bay. However, due to a strong storm, the commander of the main landing party decided to temporarily abandon the landing and wait out the storm in Anapa. However, the auxiliary landing force, which was not notified of this, began landing in the area of Blagoveshchenskaya. The fighters landed on the Bugaz spit and cleared it of the enemy. Taking advantage of the absence of enemy aircraft due to the storm, the patrol boats maneuvered along the coast and suppressed enemy firing points with fire. By the evening of September 25, 820 soldiers and officers, 6 45-mm cannons, 15 mortars and ammunition were landed there. The enemy was knocked out of the spit, the landing party took up defense west of Blagoveshchenskaya, cutting off the escape routes to the Saline Lake. On the afternoon of September 26, with a combined strike from three sides, the troops of the 18th Army and the landing force liberated the village of Blagoveshchenskaya, creating a threat to the enemy's Taman group to the rear.

In the area of the Salty Lake on the night of September 26, the main landing was landed. Throughout the day, he fought a fierce battle with superior enemy forces, but he could not break through to Taman and suffered significant losses. By order of the front commander, the 103rd and 8th Guards Rifle Brigades were additionally landed on the occupied bridgehead in this area. By 2 p.m. on September 27, their disembarkation was completed. With the support of two assault aviation regiments of the Black Sea Fleet, the landing forces launched an offensive on Taman. They could not break through to the city quickly, but they distracted significant enemy forces and played a big role in disrupting the plans for the long-term defense of the Taman Peninsula.