Photos and historical info.
Attention! Information below is provided by special event station operator and published AS IS.
JSC Barnaul melange plant "Melangist of Altai" (JSC BMK "Melangist of Altai") - State All-Union Barnaul melange plant
Barnaul Textile Plant began production in August 1934. By 1941, the Melange Combine was a large, modern, efficient enterprise. The plan of 1940 was completed ahead of schedule by the State All-Union Barnaul Melange Combine in all industries: the spinning factory fulfilled the plan by 113%, the weaving factory - by 108.8%, the finishing factory - by 106.9%. In 1941, the plant reached its design capacity for the production of fabrics, it was necessary to begin the installation of equipment for the second stage of this enterprise, they also planned to build warehouses for storing building materials, a new bathhouse and other facilities. In early June 1941, 150 graduates of FZO schools from Leningrad and Ryazan arrived at Sibtekstilstroy (BMK). Expected the arrival of 165 young workers from Moscow and Smolensk
The Great Patriotic War mixed up all plans - in the premises built for the second stage of the melange plant, they placed an enterprise evacuated from the European part of the country, today's Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant. The melangists, on the other hand, had to make the most of the already mastered production, utility and amenity premises. In fact, the plant in Barnaul during this period became the base site for textile production in the country.
During the years of the Great Patriotic War, the company's staff accepted more than 1,000 wagons of evacuated equipment - placed and put into operation or sent to other enterprises at the direction of the profile head office.
During the war years, the melange plant produced khaki fabric for uniforms, calico for underwear, faux fur for earflaps (its production was mastered in Barnaul during the war). In the buildings of the melange plant, newly rebuilt for the second stage, where the plant's mechanical plant was located, shells for artillery shells were made. In addition, the plant launched the country's only workshop for the production of sterling hoses - insulating materials, which are waterproof electrically insulating tubes of different diameters. The workshop was created in the winter of 1941/1942 in a warehouse, the equipment was installed, adjusted and put into production by the workers evacuated along with it and the staff of the department of the chief mechanic of the plant.
Using the evacuated equipment, the BMK launched the production of a parachute strap and a ski strap. The engineering and technical workers of the plant had to rack their brains to find such conditions for processing the available raw materials on adapted equipment in order to ensure high quality products. During the war years, a pile (plush) workshop was also created - 50 machines for the production of this product were installed in the premises of the finishing factory.
The plant then worked in four shifts, women and teenagers stood at the machines, because most of the workers were mobilized to the front. The Barnaul melange plant is deservedly included in the list of enterprises that did a lot to defeat the enemy during the Great Patriotic War. It is believed that every second soldier was dressed in a uniform produced at the plant. At that time, fabric for military uniforms was produced by two enterprises - the Barnaul and Ivanovo melange plants. In addition, the plant produced a huge amount of parachute straps, made sterling hoses for the hydraulics of military equipment. Shells of various calibers were produced at the plant's mechanical plant,” said Oleg Pesikov, adviser to the general director of the Barnaul melange plant.